How to organize a COVID-safe tango event

• 2 posts
    April 22, 2021 11:34 AM PDT

We are excited to see you again, to talk, to dance, and reconnect! When I was a teenager my father taught me to be a civil guest at a house party. But, those guidelines need to be modernized. For a time, we have a new civility to be a good guest. This makes it possible for us to be together again - the new normal tango way:

• This is an indoor event at the house. There will be no more than ten guests.
    • Self-screening at home, including temperature and symptom checks.
    • Hosts will clean before and after the event.
    • Dress in layers do to open doors and windows for ventilation.
    • Sanitize upon entry, restroom and exit.
    • Sanitize between tandas.
    • Do not pick up community food with your hands - use tongs, spoons, or toothpicks.
    • Reuse your glass. If you are unsure, pick up a new clean glass.
    • When you sneeze, cough, or blow your nose - sanitize.
    • No need to talk or laugh loudly or yell.
    • We offer no-touch trash cans for guests to easily throw away food items.
    • Hosts will maintain a list of contact information for follow-up of guests, if necessary, even though all guests will be fully immunized and completed a two-week waiting period after their final inoculation.
    • Even though all guests and hosts are fully vaccinated, stay safe according to your specific guidelines and protocols that you have set up for yourself.

Every guest is informed that they must conform to your protocols so that you feel comfortable being with them. Tell the person you are with what you want. That’s what it’s all about is reconnecting and experiencing those wonderful tango moments together again - comfortably and safely. We have only invited guests who agree to be civil in this manner.